The present Martinsburg library was founded by the Martinsburg Woman's Club in 1926. Over the years the library has been in different locations, but in 1968, the current library building opened at its
present site on the corner of King and Queen streets. The year 2001 marked the library's 75th year of continuous service to our community.
Classically simple in design, it is distinguished on the east side by a series of full length windows and on the north side by a portico and plaza, facing the Berkeley County Courthouse. The split level design makes easy access to the Children`s Library and community meeting room on Queen Street, while a ramp and stairs lead to the main entrance on King Street. An addition to the west side of the building was constructed and opened in 1981. The library currently houses more than 110,000 volumes.
A collection of photographs celebrating 75 years of service to our community from 1926 to the present
Online practice tests for the most popular educational and career exams. Contact the library to register and receive your user ID.
A meta-search engine that uses a number of search engines to search the Internet for a topic
A favorite search engine for searching the Internet
Early 20th Century Martinsburg
Photographic images of street scenes in Martinsburg from the early 1900s
West Virginia Union Catalog
The online catalog for all West Virginia library materials